It's a powerful and great option if you have a 2.4 Ghz Radio Control, thus not being in the same frequency we do recommed using a 1.2 GHz filter to clean any harmonics that can reduce the range of 2.4 GHz RC radios.
It is is a complete plug and play wireless system set, and within few seconds you have everything connected and working wirelessly, and if you select any of the cameras below a plug and play camera cable will be provided for easy connection.
This combo uses PLL (Phase-Locked Loop) technology to prevent frequency drift.
The transmitter with antenna and most of the mini cameras weight around 80 to 90 grams (3oz).
The plug and play board has many great bult-in features.
- High quality microphone
- Audio volume control
- High quality 12v voltage regulator for camera and transmitter(no heat and noise free)
- Reverse-Polarity Protection (avoids damage if you plug the battery pack inverted)
- Supports 12 volt cameras.
- Molex connector with safety latch (prevents connection to come loose while in use)
- Power LED (helps to identify bad power connection, reminds you to disconnect power when it’s not in use)
The transmitter has 2 selectable channels 1258 and 1280 MHz with an output of 680 milliwatts, great for long range applications and even with all this power it only weights around 1oz (30g).
It’s highly recommended to install the transmitter as far as possible from the model's receiver, also highly recommended to install the transmitter in ventilated areas, to allow air flow to keep it cool.
The transmitter can be powered through a JST connector and the receiver using a regular power plug. Any power source from 10.5 to 22 volts DC, example a 3S 11.1v lithium battery will perfectly power your system.
To get the most performance out of this system using a high gain antenna for the receiver, and it will not only increase the range but the quality of the reception as well.
Now you can add your favorite camera to this combo, by just selecting it from a list below. There is no hassle to connect it, just Plug and Play.
Notes: We highly recommend upgrading the stock antennas of this system to get the best range and results. Suggested antennas BlueBeam antennas.
*800mW was claimed by the manufacturer however we tested using 12.5V on 1280 MHz the transmitter had a consistent output of 680mW (28.3dBm), which is still great amount of power.
- Power Plug for receiver is included
- Universal camera leads are included
- Works with any camera PAL or NTSC
- Audio and video output cable with RCA connectors
- 2x whip antennas
- Camera is not included, but you can add your favorite camera to plug and play with this combo, see the options below
- * Not included but highly recommend installing Low Pass MHz filter
between your video transmitter and its antennas to prevent harmonics from affecting your 2.4 GHz radio and mainly if you have any GPS onboard.
Nominal output impedance: 50 ohms
Operating Voltage: 10.5 - 22 volts DC
Consumption Current 450mAh
75-ohm impedance: 1Vp-p
10k ohm impedance: 1Vp-p
Sub carrier frequency: 6.5MHz
Operation temperature: -10 to 40 degrees Celsius
Storage temperature: -40 to 80 degrees Celsius
Operating humidity: 20 to 80%
- Do not turn this transmitter on and leave it on for several minutes without air flowing through, it gets hot. This is powerful transmitter in a tiny little metal box !!!
- No license is required to purchase it, however in order to legally operate within USA an amateur radio license is required.
Disclaimer: Hobby Wireless is not responsable any damage, loss, illegal operation or changes made by the user to the transmitter will be totally the user's responsibility.