This is the very powerful and popular FrSky Taranis RC radio system.
When it comes to possibilities the Frsky TARANIS sets a new standard.
FrSky is well known for their frequency hopping ACCST technology, that
takes advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band, resulting in excellent range
The TARANIS mixes the power of the “OPEN TX” open-source software
with an unbelievable ergonomic case with 8 programmable switches, two
twist knobs and two easy to get to lateral 'slider' pots, and not to mention
the ultra-smooth quad bearing gimbals.
The TARANIS uses "Voice Alerts" from an internal speaker, Which is a lot
nicer than just a regular old beep sound. For things like; audible Count
down timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down warnings etc., just
about anything can be programed, you can even use your own voice. The
SD card slot offers unlimited memory options and a USB port for upgrades.
The Transmiter also has a convienent headphone jack.
One of the best features of the TARANIS is its full telemetry capability, as
well as RSSI signal strength feedback, there are 3 different programmable
failsafe modes and receiver lock, so no more crashes due to selecting the
wrong model. If you have stock in other brand receivers or BNF’s, no
worries the TARANIS has a JR style RF module slot, so you have the option
of other brand modules such as the Orange DSM2/DSMX or Open LRS 433mhz
module, or pop in another Frsky module to expand the transmitters capabilities
even more with duel RF.
When you put it all together, between FrSky ACCST technology and the power
of “OPEN TX” software and community, a ergonomic case with ultra-smooth
smooth ball bearing gimbals and a large backlit LCD with a included aluminum
case and battery pack. You have versatility and power at an unprecedented value.
- RSSI alarms (warns you of reception problems before it becomes an accident)
- 16 channels (more when combined with external module)
- 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
- 16 custom curves with 3-17 points each, 32 logic switches
- Self-test of the transmitter antenna
- 60 Model memory (expandable via a SD card)
- Audio Speech outputs
- USB and SD card slot for unlimited memory, and firmware upgrades, sound editing.
- Long range system capable of up to 3 times the range of current systems
- Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
- State-of-the-art open source software (open TX)
- Super low latency for ultra-quick response (9ms)
- Large backlit display
- Real-time data logging
- Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft)
- JR Style module bay for additional RF modules
- Processor: STM32 ARM Cortex M3 60MHz
- Model name: Taranis X9D
- Number of Channels: up to 16
- Operating Voltage Range: 6-15v (2s, 3s Lipos are acceptable)
- Operating Current: 260mA maximum (both RF module and backlit are on)
- Operating Temperature: -10~60C
- Backlit LCD Screen: 212*64 Monochrome
- Model Memories: 60 (expandable by SD card)
- Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8-II series receivers
- Stick mode: Mode 2 (Left hand throttle)
- Haptic Feedback
- 1x Taranis X9D Plus ACCST 2.4GHz Transmitter (Mode 2 version)
- 1x 6-cell NiMH Transmitter Battery
- 1x Neck Strap
- 1x Battery Charger
(Receiver is optional) Click here to add one of the compatible receivers for this radio.