This is a Lawmate transmitter customized by Hobby Wireless for FPV applications making it better and easier to use. It's a powerful and great transmitter, and the same transmitter that comes with the FPV1012+ plug and play system.
This combo uses PLL (Phase-Locked Loop) technology to prevent frequency drift. It's fully compatible with R12 receivers.
The plug and play board has lots of important features built-in such as:
- High quality microphone
- Audio volume control
- High quality 12v voltage regulator for camera and transmitter (no heat and noise free)
- Reverse-Polarity Protection (avoids damage if you plug the battery pack inverted)
- Power output for 12 volt cameras.
- Molex connector with safety latch (prevents connection to come loose while in use)
- Power LED (helps to identify bad power connection, reminds you to disconnect power when it’s not in use)
If you want to expand your current FPV1012+ system to another R/C vehicle, or you have damaged your existing transmitter, or you either want to buy everything separated to build your own system, this is the deal.
What are the advantages of a plug-and-play transmitter?
A plug and play transmitter eliminates the use of the stock bulky and heavy connectors, no soldering is needed, with only two clicks you will have the camera, battery, microphone (built-in), reversed-polarity protection,
microphone volume control...besides all that it can provide power to 12V cameras, click here for plug and play cable for cameras.
It now can be used with a larger variety of FPV platforms.
Using Lawmate's 1000mW video transmitter was considered too much power and not recommended for a small FPV airplane or multi-rotors with 300-500mm size, affecting the range of the RC radio.
The New TXV1012-Plus allows you to use with many different models, independently of their size.
If you have a large aircraft where you can mount the TXV1012-Plus at least 20-inches away from the RC receiver, then take advantage of it's true 1000mW output for long range. But if you decide to use on a small aircraft with limited space, then all you need to do is just toggle one DIP switch on the back of the transmitter, and you will have a friendly 500mW transmitter to use.
Besides, the New TXV1012-Plus transmitter comes with two user-selectable channels for US users 1258/1280 MHz.
It works flawlessly with 2.4 GHz radios and it's perfect for use where there is not much room and weight can be a problem.
Nominal output impedance: 50 ohms
Operating Voltage: 10.5-22 volts DC
Consumption Current 450mAh
Video input voltage
75-ohm impedance: 1Vp-p
Audio input voltage
10k ohm impedance: 1Vp-p
Sub carrier frequency: 6.5MHz
Operation temperature: -10 to 40 degrees Celsius
Storage temperature: -40 to 80 degrees Celsius
Operating humidity: 20 to 80%
Dimensions and weight: 50 x 26 x 19mm, 1.17oz (33g) (without antenna)
Notes: *The transmitter will have only the channel 8 (1280 MHz) and channel 7 (1258MHz) available to USA users.
- Do not turn this transmitter on and leave it on for several minutes without air flowing through, it gets hot. This is 1000mW transmitter in a tiny little metal box !!!
- No license is required to purchase it, however in order to legally operate within USA an amateur radio license is required.
- Make sure you use the "stylus" tool that comes as an inserted to the side of LawMate receiver's case. Use the "stylus" tool to toggle the plastic DIP switches, the DIP switches can be damaged if improper tool is used.
Disclaimer: Hobby Wireless is not responsable any damage, loss, illegal operation or changes made by the user to the transmitter will be totally the user's responsibility.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 05 August, 2014.